Engine Crane / Engine Stands
AFF's Engine Cranes are designed for the easy and efficient removal and transport of vehicle engines. All feature four-position telescopic booms, wide stable bases, forged steel hooks with safety latches and heavy-duty swivel casters.
- AFF Engine Cranes are designed for easy and efficient removal and transportation of vehicle engines. All feature four-position telescopic booms, wide stable bases, forged steel hooks with safety latches and heavy duty swivel castersH. Superior welds in all locations provide maximum strength and durability.
- Designed for shops with limited space and for maximum portability
- Ideal for rental yards
- The legs easily fold up and away and with the ram completely retracted, this uses an extremely small storage footprint
- 360º hook adds greater flexibility in positioning lifting chains during removal and installation
AFF's Engine Cranes are designed for the easy and efficient removal and transport of vehicle engines. All feature four-position telescopic booms, wide stable bases, forged steel hooks with safety latches and heavy-duty swivel casters
- Rugged steel construction
- Boom working range 26.75" to 41.25"
- Locking swivel base - 360 degree swivel
- Heavy duty chain with safety lock
- Hydraulic operation provides easy lifting to desired height
- Designed to be installed in truck beds or vans
- Includes mounting plate & chain with grab hook
- Lifting range 0-70"
- Ship Weight 106 lbs.
- Hi-tensile steel frame with 5500 lb. capacity
- Quick hydraulics lift from 3” to 7-3/4”
- Large 27” x 48” platform
- Full 180° steering arc
- Durable, polyurethane-coated steel wheels and entry rollers
- Three-position control lever automatically returns to neutral position
- German-made hydraulic seals for leak-free operation
- Ship weight 228 lbs.
AFF Engine Stands are used in the positioning and transport of automobile and light truck engines in a wide variety of vehicle facilities. All AFF Engine Stands include a 360* rotating head, which efficiently puts the engine in the optimal work position, rugged full swivel casters and heavy-duty tubular steel construction. Superior welds in alll locations provide maximum strength and durability.
Can be used with all model AFF cranes, as well as competitive models to efficiently change an engine’s center-of-gravity when installing or removing from a vehicle.
- Provides overhead engine support for removal of transaxle on FWD vehicles
- Ideal for four- and six-cylinder, FWD vehicles
- Adjusts from 26-1/2” to 49-1/2” wide with 18-3/4” screw travel
- Ship weight 38 lbs.
- Three support points for added stability
- 700 lb. Capacity
- 2 - 14” adjustable hook screws
- 2 - 1/8” x 38” braided steel cables
- Width expands from 34.5” to 61”
- Ship Weight: 27 lbs.
The main transverse support bar mounts on the shock strut towers to support engines. Heavier engines can be supported by using one or both front support adaters on the transverse support bar.
For safe handling and positioning of most automotive engines. Same as model 78100 but with heavier construction to handle V8's.
- Fully adjustable engine mounting head.
- Long handle and 360 degree rotating head easily position engine.
- One bolt disassembles stand for transporting or storage.
- Heavy wall tubing prevents excessive frame flex.
- 2 rigid wheels in back and 2 locking swivel caster wheels in front provide maximum stability and support.
- Four bolts disassemble stand for transporting or storage.
- Optional equipment:
78109: Transmission Adapter
Same as the model 78103A but mounts in the bed of a truck or on a loading dock.
- Four position telescopic boom that folds down for traveling position or storage.
- 5 to 1 gear ratio winch with 20 foot long 1/4” diameter steel cable and hook pulls the load toward the boom.
- Winch gear design acts as a brake and allows the load to be lowered incrementally if desired and without the need for constant hand pressure against the crank handle.
- Hydraulically activated boom lifts the load to the desired height.
- Crane swivels 360 degrees but can be locked in position.
For the removal and installation of single, tandem and duplex tires and wheels. Rigid front wheels.
- Rear swivel caster wheel and rigid front wheels provide positive steering.
- 4" wheels with polyurethane tread protect floor.
- Lift arms can be adjusted in closer to handle the more common dual wheel combinations and then adjusted outward to handle the larger combinations.
- Lift arms with ball bearing rollers easily rotate vehicle rim for bolt pattern alignment.
- Lift arms supported at both ends minimize wheel movement.
- Adjustable height push bar provides unobstructed access to hub area.
- 3-1/4” travel adjustment on rear caster wheel matches lifting arms with spindle angle.
- Safety chain included to secure wheel assembly to dolly during removal and transport.